PokeStory Redux
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guidelines for Battle Logs

2 posters

Go down

Guidelines for Battle Logs Empty Guidelines for Battle Logs

Post by Schala Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:01 pm

Here's some tips to make your logs more readable and enjoyable. It is strongly recommended that you use at least a few of these when posting a log, but it is not a rule.

Color coding (your name and Pokemon's actions in one color, your opponent's in another).

A list of all of your and your opponent's Pokemon either at the start or end of the log.

A tally of the score (ex: if you faint one of the opponents Pokemon first, at the end of the "turn" put "6-5" to make it clearer).

Running commentary on the battle after every turn (for example: "----- fainted, but managed to get stealth rock up successfully before that, so now I can switch ----- in and start my attacking" or "I messed up here and switched ----- into a super effective attack. I'm in trouble now.").

"Pros and Cons" at the end of the battle, pointing out Pokemon that really worked and those that flopped, as well as decisions that did the same.

Sprites of "active" Pokemon and their health left.

Various styles to catch attention.

And more.

Using even a few of these can change your log into something much more interesting to people, which makes it more likely that they will be willing to read and comment. If anyone has any suggestions to add to this list, feel free to bring them up.
Schala
Schala
Admin

https://poke-story.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Guidelines for Battle Logs Empty Re: Guidelines for Battle Logs

Post by savol456 Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:49 am

when you say sprites do you mean like the game sprites?

savol456

Back to top Go down

Post by Schala Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:16 am

Yes. People use sprites taken from the game to add a visual aspect, so it's easier to follow what's going on and keep track of which Pokemon are currently out.
Schala
Schala
Admin

https://poke-story.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down